Happy New Year! The festivities are over and you are back into your routine. Most of you are already pretty green. But take a look at this list of easy fixes. They will not cost much, if anything at all. Even if you have done these in the past, every once in a while I find I need to review. For me, the junk mail is slowing creeping back. What will you do?
1. Refresh your memory on recycling rules – Did you know you CAN recycle aluminum foil, including the foil yogurt tops?
2. Get rid of junk mail – If you haven’t singed up for Direct Marketing associates, do it now.
5. Change to eco-friendly cleaners.
6. Add to your reusables – water bottle, coffee mug, reusable snack bags….
8. Switch to cloth napkins – It is so much easier than you would think. I’m sure you have a few hanging around.
9. Bring your reusable bags to the grocery store. Make a point of actually remembering to bring them! If you already do this, try bringing them to other places, the mall, drug store…
10. Analyze your garbage and recycling. What are you getting rid of that could be reduced in the first place?
Already doing all this? Suggest others! And stay tuned for more ideas…..