- Mix everything together. I wasn’t too scientific on the quantities, I eyeballed it.
- Using a brush (an old toothbrush works great) brush the mixture on the stains.
- Then let it sit. I had intended on checking every half hour or so to figure out how long it took, but I got busy and forgot! Somewhere between 1 and 3 hours does the trick. Probably depends on the stain.
Note: You should mix this recipe fresh each time you use it. Hydrogen Peroxide looses some of it’s power when exposed to light. Guess you could trying storing it in an opaque container…
Update 4/23/12: Many people have tried this and commented on how well it has worked. Here are a few examples:
- cooking oil from a cotton, lavender sweatshirt
- chocolate milk from a cream colored, cotton, blouse
- some pretty nasty ring around the collar from a yellow, cotton t-shirt.
- white carpet freshly stained with V8 strawberry/banana juice
What are your favorite stain removers?