How To Clean Stained Mugs WITHOUT SCRUBBING!

How To Clean Stained Mugs WITHOUT SCRUBBING  {TheGreeningOfWestford.com}

Oh those white porcelain mugs! Perfect for drinking your morning tea or coffee.  Also perfect for stains.   Coffee and tea can wreak havoc on white mugs. You’ve tried scrubbing, even with your beloved baking soda, but it barely makes a dent.  Well, stop scrubbing and clean stained mugs the easy way.

Getting rid of these stains is pretty easy.  You will still be using your baking soda, but no scrubbing.

Clean Stained Mugs

CleaningMugsStep1

Step 1:  Sprinkle a good amount of baking soda into the mug.  About a 1/4 cup or more depending on how stained it is.

CleaningMugsStep2

Step 2: Add boiling hot water to the mug.  Fill all the way so all the stains are covered with water.  Let the mug sit.  Forget about it and come back later.  At least 15 minutes, but the longer the better.

CleaningMugsStep3

Step 3: Dump the water and rinse.  Voila! Clean mug.  I sometimes grab my nylon scrubber and run it along the edges that may not have totally come clean, but that is it!

What are your quick, easy cleaning tips?

This post is shared at Healthy, Happy, Green & Natural , Fabulously Frugal Thursday

9 Responses to How To Clean Stained Mugs WITHOUT SCRUBBING!

1. angela January 27, 2014 at 3:30 pm #

Great tip! Another easy way to get rid of those stains quickly is to put a couple squirts of lemon juice (bottled is fine) in the bottom of the mug with a bout a tsp of sugar or baking soda. Swirl the juice around to coat the stain and gently rub the stubborn stains with the sugar or soda. Rinse with a drop of dish soap. Stains will melt right off ;0)

• Kristina January 28, 2014 at 6:07 pm #

I will have to try that! Thanks for the tip Angela!

2. Marla January 28, 2014 at 4:47 pm #

This is a great tip. I use baking soda for my laundry, cleaning and so many things, but I was not aware of this and it sure will come in handy. Thanks for sharing Visiting from Healthy Happy Green & Natural Blog Hop! Have a wonderful healthy day

• Kristina January 28, 2014 at 6:07 pm #

Baking soda is a wonderful thing Marla! Check out my other uses.

3. Deborah Davis February 2, 2014 at 11:22 pm #

Hi Kristina,
    What a wonderful natural cleaning solution for an everyday problem! As always, I’m enjoying reading many of your other healthy living blog posts as well.
    I’m just pinning, tweeting and sharing!
    Thank you so much for sharing this recipe with us at the Healthy, Happy, Green & Natural Blog Hop! I appreciate it!
    All the best, Deb

• Kristina February 3, 2014 at 3:40 pm #

Thanks Deb!

4. Pam April 2, 2014 at 5:19 pm #

Baking soda is great for scrubbing burned pots and pans.

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Fabulously Frugal Thursday Linky Party #53 | A Life in Balance - February 5, 2014

[…] 1. How To Clean Stained Mugs WITHOUT SCRUBBING! from The Greening of Westford […]

2. Fabulously Frugal Thursday Link-up #53 - February 5, 2014

[…] How To Clean Stained Mugs WITHOUT SCRUBBING! from The Greening of Westford […]