I made more of this snack mix recently and was asked for the recipe on Facebook. I tweaked a recipe I found on allrecipes and when I went to find the original recipe, it was gone! My old link sent me to a mac and cheese recipe, which looked great, but not what I was looking for. Time for a recipe post!
- 2 cups oyster crackers
- 2 cups Crispix cereal or shredded wheat (I use the store brand)
- 2 cups pretzels
- 1 cup nuts of your choice (omit for a nut-free snack)
- 3 TBSP butter, melted
- 1 TBSP veg. oil
- 4 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp seasoned salt (I use Penzey’s seasoned sea salt)
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- In a large bowl, combine cereals and nuts. In a small bowl, combine butter, oil, and spices. Pour over the cereal mixture and toss to coat evenly.
- Pour mixture onto a cookie sheet and spread evenly in a single layer. Bake at 250 for 45 mins, stirring every 15 minutes.
What are you favorite snacks to make?